Saturday, January 27, 2007

Simple Ideas with Imagination

I am working in a children's project. I have loved in the past to create dance-theatre for children. A young audience is the most difficult one, if they get bored, you will know it.
The project I am working is based in my father's material. I never wanted to do it, because I feel is a big responsability to represent his incredible imaginative world of songs and stories. The challenge is not to re-create what has already being done, but to use my own imagination as well, I am sure he would have asked this from me.

The most difficult to do when working for a so young public, is that ideas have to be simple and extremelly imaginative. This was the strength of my father's work, a strenght we also find in the work of Jim Henson

No comments: