Thursday, February 08, 2007

A World of Images



Whenever we begin to work or to attend to something we have made or collected, a world of images opens up before us. As we move or make, write or speak, we bring in to existence the stories of that world. As we work we may feel we are at the edge of some story that we do not know, or moving in and out of different stories whose shapes we cannot quiet see. And as we continue to work and to respond to what we have made, these fragments may begin to cohere as clusters of images or loose narratives. These are not necessarily stories in words, nor are they generally the conventional type of story with a narrative line, a beginning and an end. But as we work we begin to get a sense of an emergent world with its own elements, its own way of coming together.

From A Widening Field. Journeys in Body and Imagination by Miranda Tufnell and Chris Crickmay

2 comments:

andy said...

Hi Andrea, when you left me a link to La Marmita.com, I hadn't clocked that that was a different site to this one (I should looked more closely in your sidebar!) I tend to visit blogs only when a new post shows up via RSS, so it was only when it dawned on me that I hadn't been here recently that I came looking around to see what's new and found your .com site. All of which is of course nothing to do with this post! I just wanted to drop by and say Hi, how are you? :-)

Andrea said...

Hi Andy!

Nice to "see" you. I am ok in the middle of trying to/creating something, that perhaps I should describe in my other Blog. I have been slow with my blogs and all my private mail, by the way.

:-)